My Dear Reader... An impersonation of 18th century English Literature

24th November, 2020

 

My Dear Reader,

    It is with utmost consideration for your safety that I write this entry. I am truly at a loss for words  in regard to the current health of our nation. There is a new disease going around, one that treats everyone differently, and one with unknown lasting effects. We know that the cause is airborne,  so everyone must wear a mask in order to protect one another. However,  in spite of the accumulation of evidence pointing to the dangerous nature and rampant contagiousness of the disease, there are a select few that do not concern themselves with any precautions. Just last week there was a suspected "super spreader" event in New York, a wedding with over 5,000 unmasked attendees. In our county alone, cases have risen into the triple digits, and students are no longer able to attend class in person. Of all restrictions, this one weighs heaviest on my heart, as it is nearly impossible to make any sort of connection with your peers through a glass screen. Fortunately, a preventative vaccine is on its way, the first of its kind. It boasts of near perfect success, and I can only hope that it will hold up to this expectation. As many of you are well aware, the situation at hand is both mentally and physically draining, particularly on those who provide the desperately needed care of the hundreds of thousands of people afflicted by this disease. 

     My dear reader, if  there is one thing we all take away from this situation, I hope that  we realize the importance of treating everyone a little kinder, to have a little more patience, and to wash our hands more frequently. Unfortunately, the novel nature of this illness leaves us all in the dark of what will come next, but I have nothing but faith that we will be able to overcome what is thrown at us. I urge you to stay safe and take care. 

Comments

Popular Posts