A 21st century entry in the Diary of a Plague year

 11/24/2020

Dear Diary, 

Not much to report. There really isn't anything to do at the moment, as everything is either closed or too risky to do because of Covid. It is so easy to get upset about the current situation of the U.S., and it is even more frustrating that people still refuse to follow the rules. However, we all have good health so that's a plus. Not to mention, people are washing their hands more, so people aren't getting sick like they usually would, so that's something that I hope is here to stay! (I really hate to think about the number of people who haven't been properly washing their hands!) It also seems like people are a little more patient and a little more understanding in spite of  the shortened fuse of tempers we see on the news. I really hope that everything is cleared up soon, I definitely miss seeing people. I also have to wonder what will happen when we don't need to wear masks anymore. I hope that they don't all end up in the trash. Most of the masks, especially the cotton reusable ones, should be able to be used for something. Here's a list of non-traditional mask uses that I have come up with:

1. Quilt squares: If everything is cleaned and sanitized, it might be cool to use the masks to make a commemorative quilt for 2020 (If we want to commemorate 2020)

2. Chew toys for animal shelters: I've seen people braid old t-shirts into dog toys and donate them to shelters, maybe we could do this with cleaned masks?

3. Winter wear: I think we could keep using the masks in the winter. So far they seem to work well in keeping us warm, and they have to be more practical to wear than wrapping a scarf around your face ten times only for it to fall down

Anyway these are just a few uses that I've thought of, I'm sure someone will think of a better use for everything when it's all said and done. I have to say, 2020 has definitely been a year for the history books. Australia had wildfires, Australia Flooded, the United States flooded, the United States had wildfires, we've had a global pandemic, murder hornets, a presidential election, and the show Tiger King hasn't even been the weirdest part of the year. Hopefully when the 2020 is over we will be setting the course for a better, safer year!

Comments

Popular Posts